What is branding?
Branding is the foundation that holds your company steady and bricks in all of your company’s ventures. It is the essence of your company. A distinguishing and consistent feel to your unique company is branding. Strong branding can transfer customers’ trust into new products, establish brand loyalty, create strong awareness, and increase profits. If your company has a strong brand, a customer should be able to recognize your products or service before they see the label.
Branding Overview Steps
- Branding Know How: What does your company do? Are you bakers, a band, maybe a beekeeper? Whatever your company may do, know what you want to accomplish.
- Branding Who For: Who is your target audience? Once you know what you want to accomplish with your company, with the products and/or services you will offer, it is time to find a target market. Who will your company focus on reaching? Are you the next big shoe line for the female adolescents or the sports distributor for high school athletes? It’s important to know who you want to reach.
- Branding Say What: What is your brand trying to say? Is your brand edgy, helpful, organizational, delicious, or something in between? Figure out what you want your company to tell people. Consider it your company’s hello. Make sure your company’s branding leaves a good first impression.
- Branding Same Thing: How will you keep your brand consistent? First you have to know how you want to be portrayed. Is your brand edgy, delicious, helpful, cutting-edge, or something in between? Once you know what you stand for, your company will be able to implement this into all your brands various forms of representation.
- Branding Representing it: What are the ways your brand is represented? There are a various avenues when representing your brand. The major representations of your brand will be your logo, slogan, and website. However, strong branding is in all aesthetics of you company, including the small details of your products’ packaging. From there, you can branch out and use different forms of media to alert your target market of your brand. To create a unique representations of your brand consider hiring a branding company.
- Branding Scream it from the Mountain tops: How are you promoting your brand? Now that you know what you want, who it’s for, and your representation—you have to let other people know. Consider outdoor media, radio, social media, television, or alternative media to spread the word. Remember, to always keep your various medias up to date and fresh. Also, make sure your promotional campaign is consistent with your brand!